Monday, December 18, 2023

Astrotrain

This large Deception is actually an action figure, but does fit nicely with the others.
The figure had very simple detail, so I made up for this by painting some in. 
I also painted on quite a lot dirt and grim, I think it really gave him more character. I used some weathering powders to add the soot and carbon scoring.
Here we can see Slipstream, she is the first female Deception Seeker. I just loved her colour combo of teal and purple, I had to paint her up.
A midsized Autobot has run into real trouble. He is dwarfed by the Seekers, let alone Astrotrain.

Prowl is about to get a nasty shock. Astrotrain is a massive Bot and one that should be hard to bring down.


Slipstream gets her alternative mode. I can use these markers to show if a unit is transformed or not.


I also finally got around to spraying some of the terrain for Cybertron. This was easily done using purples, with a lighter zenith highlight from above.I will give these some weathering and washes to shade them. 
I did have a terrible cake topper decoration that was meant to be Rachet. It's a knock off and so only bares a faint resemblance. Not wanting to paint him up as a playing piece, he got imorterlised forever as a statue. Perhaps a famous scientist from the Golden age of Cybertron...before the war.

These pipes came in useful too, they were picked up at Warfare wargames show last year. 


Let the Energon flow! Energon, the key to all Cybertronic life is captured and stored in huge underground reservoirs.

Energon pipelines.
This life blood is worth fighting for. The Decpticons may have won Cybertron, but the Autobots mount lightning raids to collect as much as they can of this priceless resource.
I found these on eBay, Energon cubes. These will make great little objective markers to fight over.

No comments: