Sunday, October 24, 2021

Creating the City of Dale

I bought another nice piece from Two sheds Fred after I was so impressed with the first one. I saw they had this walled piece and thought the two might go together to create a bit of a ruined city scape.
The base has been made from an MDF model with gravel and grit added.



 It has a nice Lord of the Rings tome in the middle of it. I started to build up the corners just to shape the building a bit more.

 Some pebbles from the drive way make for fallen debris. I will also add some smaller gravel but these stones make a good base to build on. Some bits of bolsa wood would be good too, I’ll have to check my bits box.
I didn’t want to go too crazy again as it’s important to leave room from my big unit bases. 

Here is first Dale base with my little tweaks. Some brown and green washes make the ruins look a lot older and more weathered.


The extra little stones and grit really made a difference with the detail. I might add a few tufts of grass in places just to help with an aged look.  This particular base would make for good church ruins for a ECW game too. Very nice.

No comments: