Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Fat Frank Scenery

I've been after some stream sections for a while after reading some ACW scenarios. I came across Fat Frank's work on eBay and they looked decent enough.
They arrived packaged nicely in tissue paper and well protected in a good box.

It looks like cork board to me or maybe a dinner mat due to the length of each panel.

The pieces seem to be painted with two tones then some kind of clear solution is applied on top. I had planned to repaint mine brown for the American landscape, but this clear layer might be a problem.


The price was very good with four lengths coming to around £7. The sections are 50mm wide, I thought this would be a good size for a stream. Good value for money I thought.



 Definitely a stream compared to 28mm figures. A few Tufts on the bank will help the look of this set. I made sure I bought enough to stretch a 6ft board.
I bought these pieces to act as Willoughby Run at Gettysburg. When I find a bit of spare time I might paint them to match the picture below.

No comments: