Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Ex-Stream Makeover


After giving it a bit of thought I decided to have a stab at improving the stream. Fat Frank's work was good and it's really great to have the pieces cut to shape, but I thought the colour needed to change to reflect more of an American feel.
The clear silicon used for the water is going to be a problem, as it is designed to repeal all water based solutions. I started off with an aerosol brown paint and then worked up layers of acrylic. The brown paint did come off when rubbed, but I'm hoping that my floor varnish will fix it in place.


The new stream beds, less blue and more brackish.
The texture in the clear silicon is great for catching the light. When the Kleer floor varnish was brushed on the stream seemed to come alive.
The difference before and after the varnish is quite noticeable.
Beautiful, sparkling clear water. Enjoy it now before my Orcs splash through it, tainting it forever.



 Definitely looks like water from a distance. It should look even better once I reflock them and add a few Tufts.

No comments: