Sunday, July 17, 2022

Silvan Elves WIP

Back on the old Elven trail after flirting with a few different eras as you do. I found it a little tricky to get my head into and remember how I'd done things in the past. My trusty note book helped, but I hadn't written down everything. 










Gildors companies are a little more ad-hoc, so I used more of a variety of helmets and cloak colours than Lindir's. A lot of these new helmets are from GW Elves.

I still used a lot of Reaper's Harvest brown paint to tie them together. This Autumnal brown colour will hopefully tie the whole army together.

A nice character figure from Alternative Armies.



Trying out a 3D printed shield from eBay. Also, playing with the idea of grey cloaks for some of Gildor's men.

 UPDATE: I chose a simple leaf design for Gildor's companies. Choosing a leader, well it had to be the swan helmeted guy with the axe. He looks like captain material to me.
 This first batch will make up the second company as shown by the two red tails on their standard.






2 comments:

Codsticker said...

Grea t see back at the Elves. I know what you mean about losing track when flitting from project to project; it always takes me a little while to remember how I was going about things (sometimes I don't 🙄) when I return to an earlier project.

Secundus said...

Thanks Codsticker, it did come back to me in the end and I made sure to note down everything this time. I find painting Elves us a very different mind set to painting Orcs.