Saturday, July 23, 2022

Wood Elf Bases

I couldn't resist doing a few Elven bases and try out an idea I had a while ago. I bought two sets of Autumnal tufts off eBay and placed three of these on each base. It's very easy to get carried away with this, but I found through trial and error, three per base, was a good number.


To help contrast the two armies, the Elves were shaded with inks, while the Orcs were coated in Army Painter Dark tone. The look works from afar with the Orcs looking very dark and dull, compared to the rich, clean palette of the Elves.




I washed the Elven blades with a little blue ink to give them a little 'magic'. 








It felt good to finally finish these Warg riders. 


 

5 comments:

daveb said...

Large bases look so good. The elves look great, I really like their shield motifs. I'm sure you mentioned this before, but what ruleset are you going to be using?

Rob said...

Simply Sumptuous!

James said...

Your Middle Earth armies are works of art!

Aly Morrison said...

The contrast between the two sides works really well…

All the best. Aly.

~ Tom T said...

Stupendous! May I Please, hop 'the pond' and, come over and play?
~