Thursday, July 28, 2022

Live Stream

well I'm going to call that a day on this project. It's a bit disappointing that the silicon is still a problem, revealing the original blue if scratched. I'll have to be careful.
Slight blue undercoat still comes up if the paint is scratched with a nail, but it's not the end of the world and doesn't look too bad. It's just the the reflection of the sky 





I put some more brown back into the banks as it got a bit dark before. Well lesson learned and I still think the product is excellent value even with the dreaded silicon gel.

 






I also added a few water plants into the water to give it a greenish look.

UPDATE: Two coats of Soft Tone dip to give it a brackish look and protect it. Some grit and flock to enhance the banks and some tufts 




The nice thing about tinned Army Painter is it dries very glossy, so no need to varnish again 
I also added some small stones from the garden to act as rocks.



My little boy helped me with the grit and insisted on making a beaver dam. Job done 

2 comments:

Aly Morrison said...

They have turned out rather nicely…
I wonder how well Woodland Scenics Realistic Water would work painted over the silicone…
They remind me that it need to make some rivers for myself…

All the best. Aly

Mr Ballista said...

A huge improvement over the originals.