Sunday, April 10, 2011

Adventures in eBay part II



20 Praetorian Guard


I also ventured out into buying a 20 man unit of Warlord Games Praetorian Guard. The painting was actually OK and with a little extra detail, they will fit in nicely. They have been sprayed silver then painted and dipped. I took off the Warlord shields as I don't like their Praetorian shields. This is when I found that buying already constructed plastics on eBay probably wasn't one of my brightst ideas. I lost a couple of hands in the process and getting them off their movement bases proved to be hell on earth. However, I am determined to make a good unit out of them now after all the fuss and I will be painting up four more to finish the unit off. The missing hands will be hidden behind large shields and I have even ordered some shield transfers from LBMS, a luxury for me.

3 comments:

RazorOne223 said...

I have never had good luck on ebay, period! I spent $800.00 on new plastics for my sport bike. I was assured that they were 2005 but when I got them they turned out to be 2004 the color being slightly off, well after purchasing them they were mine... That also goes for packaging, you never know if they guy you are buying from is taking the time you would when sending something... Sorry for it being "off topic" but I have not had very many good experiences on ebay...

Ray Rousell said...

Ebay is always a risk, I've bought loads of figures from ebay and have had more luck than most, on'y a few dodgy item coming my way. LBMS are a god send, they can make an ok paint job on a figure turn into a very good figure. Trouble is I don't find them that easy to put on.....

DeanM said...

They look good - hope you can fix the broken parts. I recently won some lead - Copplestone guys. They're bayonets were broken off. No biggie as they were cheap - but the seller didn't indicate it in the listing, and I didn't check the image carefully. Oh well, caveat emptor! Regards, Dean