Friday, November 12, 2021

Late Night Sculpting

Making these models is fun and addictive, I couldn’t help myself in making up another one tonight. I keep trying to think of ways to sculpt a ‘sea’ themed cloak with the tools I have.
Fomorians are known to have one eye bigger than the other so I tried a bit of eye surgery. Should look okay when painted.
Also to help tie the whole force together, I put a few cloaks on some of the metal duplicates. 
The new guy, another nice Snakeman weapon that looks wicked and cruel, very Fomorian.

When you walk by the sea,
 and a claw grabs your knee,
That’s a Fomori.

I even tried a bit of a chain mail effect tonight for the first time. It takes a bit more time but is fun to do. This is a crude first attempt but I have ideas going forward for the next one.

Aquatic cloaks that double as a bit of added protection.

 

9 comments:

tradgardmastare said...

Look forward to seeing them painted.

Airt said...

Wow they look amazing! I love to see Irish myth being represented!

Rob said...

If you want a sea-themed cloak have you considered trying a square ended tool to press into the greenstuff to create a (fishing) net appearance? A small tool would seem best that can wiggled around to create different sizes and stretched elements.

Secundus said...

Nice idea Rob, I do have some shaped dental tools I could try. Thanks again.

PsychosisPC said...

Excellent conversion work.

David Wood said...

Love the poem!

JC said...

This is a terrific project! Your Fomors look brilliant!

I have been cheerfully plagiarising your orc kitbashing ideas and may have to steal this one too. In the past, I've used snakemen bodies for beastmen (http://hobgoblinry.blogspot.com/2020/03/more-things-of-chaos.html); there's something about scaly bodies with more human heads that's primal and disturbing!

Are you going to try any animal-headed Fomors? I seem to recall that there are goat- and horse-headed instances in the stories.

Secundus said...

I have a couple of horned chaos heads I’m going to use, I think that’s as beast man as I’m going to go. I’m very much in love with the North Sea concept. Glad you like the stuff, I think this will be a fun project.

Rob said...

On second thoughts doing 'fish' net capes/cloacks/shawls would be much easier using the technique in this link:
http://thetacticalpainter.blogspot.com/2019/08/172-cromwell-with-camouflage-netting.html#comment-form