Thursday, December 16, 2021

The Sea Devils

A got a chance to paint some more Fomorians today. Now I’ve worked out a colour scheme I managed to crank through some more quite quick.

Very subtle but you can just make out the stippling of the dark colours. I also gave stippling with an off white a go to see if it was more notable. When washed with the green ink they all tie together nicely.
‘‘Twas brilig and the slithy Toves did gile and gimble in the wabe. All mimsy were the Borogoves and the Momraths out grabe”try writing that with auto correct on…it had a field day lol.

These are fun to do, they share many aspects with painting orcs, but it’s a nice change to try different colour schemes. The sea theme is one I’m really enjoying and have a few things up my sleeve for the look. Even the white blotches on the skin reminds me of bird poo, which is another coastal feature and fits right in.
The barnacles finally got some paint.

A very gremlin looking Sea devil ( young Fomorian).

I painted any fur like material as seaweed like on this spear. Olive green from Tamiya makes for a great kelp colour. A lot of painters don’t like the Tamiya range of paints and they can be hard to use. However, when it comes to an instant colour straight from a pot they are hard to beat. For these ancient Fomorians, there is Bronze, Copper and Dark copper paints which are superb for quick painting. They actually form a Foundry style colour triad too which is useful.
I gave this champion some teal coloured war paint, maybe it’s where the Celts got the idea from.



 

No comments: