Friday, December 31, 2021

Little Touches

After the success of the seashell helmet, I thought I would try another variant. This one is a more classic helmet shape with a touch of the Octopus about it. I’m pleased these are working out as I wanted some of my Fomorians to have helmets. The wide, flat heads of the metal sculpts lend themselves well to having helmets put on them.
I also added some more coral growths to this fearsome warrior. I just wanted to blend those shoulder pieces into the overall look a bit better.   
This guy has turned out to be a bit of a brute, he must be a champion or leader of some kind. The more coral added, the bigger he looks.

 I also started to create some more plastic characters tonight. Another sheep skull mask was a must. They are definitely the most impressive of the skull heads and the most gruesome to look at.


Still practicing on doing tiny armour details.




 

4 comments:

daveb said...

I've been lurking and watching these come along for a while. I'm really enjoying seeing the process and how they are coming along. Keep at it! Your sculpting skills on the busy-ness of aquatic themed stuff is impressive.

Secundus said...

I’m glad you’re enjoying it, I thought by now it might start getting a bit boring me just trying new stuff out with the Fomorians. I suppose as it’s been documented you can see the thought process unfolding.

Rob said...

This is a startling array of individuality - just how big is this Fomorian Army going to be?

Secundus said...

I don’t know really, I tend to get carried away a bit. I want at least four warbands of 24. This will make a good sized army and then onto that I will add the odd Sea monster (trolls). I plan to use the Oathmark rules for gaming the period. All of the types of creature correspond into similar warrior types. Orcs being Fomorians and Elves being the Sedhe.