Sunday, December 26, 2021

Fishy…very Fishy

After having my Facebook stolen and hacked over Christmas from India, I thought I would chill out with some more peaceful sculpting. I thought I would do some more fishy armour pieces, including a brave attempt at a helmet.
I extended this fish scale cloak so it looks more like it came off an animal.
A new seaweed trial, kind of a more scraggy look.
The sea serpent skin was extended down too and some wet hair added coming from under the skull.
I had a go at some chain mail, the results aren’t great. I think I need a smaller needle for the holes. It should look okay once painted but I will keep practicing on this.
This large Fomorian now has a complete shoulder set of armour. I will wait to this drys and use a file to sharpen up the teeth and edges.
This fish helmet was a bit of an experiment. Once I add some hair out the back of it and maybe a crest, It should look better.

Some scars on this shoulder piece would look good. I will use a knife to scratch some in.
I have to say I’m really enjoying this Fomorian project, dare I say even more than my dirty orcs. I think it’s the fresh subject matter and the chance to sculpt new ideas.
 

3 comments:

Codsticker said...

I think my favourite bit is that helmet on the figure in the last image- just super work.

Aly Morrison said...

Very nice indeed…
I am looking forward to seeing this batch painted up…

All the best. Aly

Secundus said...

Thank you, I’m away from home at the moment and I’m itching to get back and get cracking on these lot.