Friday, December 17, 2021

Morey Fomori

Another night, another dark batch of slimy devils crawl out of the sea. I had thought this guy’s eyes were too big when I made them, but they look pretty good when painted. They match the metal sculpts better than my later attempts. I’ll have to do more of these.


This Fomori has incorporated poisoned quills from some sea creature into his armour… nasty.

The metals and new kit bashed plastics are fitting in well with each other. I think they are becoming friends.

I gave the ‘fog’ grey eyes a wash of purple ink and then dotted in the original colour again for a pupil.

I used a GW High elf sword as it had runes on and I thought it would work well for an ancient mystical army.
This is not painted yet but I managed to get some Fomorian shields from Alternative Armies. These will definitely make the plastics blend in better.



 This figure is a curious one. It comes without a shield, but one is definitely meant to be there as he has a strap on his arm. I gave him a plastic barnacle encrusted one. This again will help tie the metals and plastics together when mixed in a warband.

1 comment:

George Duff said...

These are just great. Your art skills are constantly improving, please continue to share.