Thursday, December 23, 2021

Fish Heads

After doing a horde of seaweed cloaks I thought I would have a go at doing some fish scale armour. These are the hides of sea creatures that have been taken and styled into basic armour. 
I also gave the bronze armour a sea theme with turtle and fish heads. I quite like this and they should paint up well and add another level of detail.
This armour piece is very roughly beaten and still shows the hammer marks.


Being faced with a huge Grouper can be pretty scary in the heat of battle.

 I used a tiny circular punch to make this monster scale effect. It looks like it came from some Dead Sea serpent. This Fomorian is wearing the skull of a sea monster… maybe the skin came from the same carcass?

Trying a new goblin head from a different manufacturer. Should look okay once the big eyes are added.

More scale effects using tiny dental tools.




 I also gave the starfish idea a whirl. A bit of fun to brighten up the miserable Formori.

Post Update; tonight I’ve been busy again sculpting aquatic creatures on the shoulder armour.

Grim, ugly faces that sum up the Fomorians in a nutshell. I tried to put lots of little details in them so they catch the ink and weathering paints.




This design is a little different, it’s based on some of the existing shoulder armour from the metal sculpts in the Alternative Armies range. Lots of tiny Celtic swirls.
Luckily there was a bit of sea serpent left over and I managed to make a shoulder piece out of the extra hide.

1 comment:

Simon said...

Again superb!