Thursday, March 16, 2023

More Picklehaube

This infantryman carries some kind of heat gun. I used some ammo packs from a Warlord's plastic German sprue to give him some more kit on his backpack.

This one is interesting, I used a torso from the Warlord Games German plastic sprue. These have great coats so tie in nicely to the Great war aesthetic.
The WWII greatcoat sprues come with some nice extras that can be stuck onto the belts.
This kneeling torso is a great pose and adds some nice variety to the Grognard poses. 
I gave the officer a shoulder pad in greenstuff to balance him out.
This was fun but tricky to do. I had bought some armoured torsos from Maxmini. Being resin, I couldn't use my plastic glue and super glue is a lot more fiddly to use. We got there in the end with good results but strained patience. 

The gun is a 'T gun' from Maxmini too which are basically large Tommy guns, perfect for my British units.

The armoured torsos have packs and pouches on their backs.
I do like the Bulldog gasmask head, very nice. I wonder if their do a German box set to go with the Grognards and the Bulldogs?
Here is another German great coated torso with the modern bits added. The arms from the Grognards don't quite fit, but the gaps can be filled and made good with greenstuff.
The WWII torsos are nice and dynamic.
Another greatcoated torso with the extra bits added.

A section of infantry scout out the farm.
The energy pack was improved with pipes which are actually gasmask straps from the WWI German box set.
 

UPDATE:
Found this large walker I had bought many years ago. It looks very much in place with these infantry.
This is the NCO that was pointing, well after some thought I updated him with another pistol. I already had an Officer pointing, so this trench raider pose makes more sense. He is now also carrying a captured British revolver.



1 comment:

James said...

Well you've certainly got the creative juices flowing!