Saturday, March 11, 2023

German Armour

It's been a while since I've painted a vehicle and I've forgotten all the weathering tips. So I just had to pick it up as I went along. Mistakes were made but hopefully I can still make them look respectable.


I had the idea of chipping them so undercoated the thanks in hull brown. I then brushed chipping medium on them. I have never done this before and I was looking forward to the results.
I printed out some nice colour schemes that seem to scream German.
It's here I think I made a mistake of coating the tanks with oil shading liquid. I should of used a brush with water to rub the chipping medium away in places to create a nice weathering effect. However, I think the layer of oil messed things up a bit. I did end up exposing the hull colour underneath but it wasn't the effect I was after. I will go back to the old method of adding chipping with a sponge.
I've left them for tonight and will finish them tomorrow. It's all a learning process again as I have to remember things I did last time.

Putting on the basic colours in shapes.

 The next step is going to be covering these machines in mud, or as I like to say, the fun bit.

UPDATE: Sorry I couldn't resist putting the mud on.





2 comments:

James said...

those are great!

pancerni said...

Yup, that looks like mud. You are remembering quickly. Nice project, good results.