Saturday, February 19, 2022

Elves on the Shelf

Here you can see the two types of painting methods used for my Orcs and Elves. The dirty Orcs get a dip with dark tone while the beautiful Elves get a luxurious ink wash. They are still getting a strong tone wash, but the water based inks allow for a little more subtle shading. The two look good together, with the Elves having a cleaner more defined look.

The shields have taken a bit time to work out, but I'm there now I think. Reds, greens and browns are mixed on the copper coloured shield so they look like Autumn leaves. Green in the middle with red at the top and bottom of the shield.
For this round shield from Scibor, I randomly placed Autumnal colours to give a woodland look.


An Elven shield wall braces for impact. Although the shields follow a basic shading technique, I quite like the fact they are are all a little different from eachother. They are looking very Wood Elf now I think.
I repainted this hooded Elf in red, I think he looks a bit more interesting now. 

 

2 comments:

Aly Morrison said...

Very nice….
I like the soft autumnal shading on the shields…

All the best. Aly

Rob D said...

I agree the shields look great. Definitely think they fit the Tolkien ethos.