Monday, February 07, 2022

Updating the Elven Host

After deciding to make my Elven host a Wood elf one by adding leaves, I thought I had better go back and update the ones I had made earlier. Luckily for me I had not painted them so I could still add Green stuff pouches and leafy armour.
A cowl starts to take shape. These are lumps of putty that are wrapped around the shoulders and shaped. Less is more I have found, I always half the amount I think I'm going to need and it seems to work well 
More shield wall tests, this time four at the front.


A leather apron as armour. I have ordered some Elven royal guard from Black Tree Designs and these aprons have been made to match the BTD sculpts. Let's hope they arrive soon, I have bad memories of waiting months for their figures.

So these are the Elves I made over a year ago now... probably two years thinking about it. They could all do with a bit of leafy love.
So on all of these old conversions there are now some Tokens of the Woodland realm. This should hopefully tie them all together.


















It's interesting for me to look at my putty work a couple of years ago. I have come a long way since I sculpted these. I thank my Fomorian project for this.



This is the same Elf from the first picture. His hood is now done and he even carries a sword by GW.

The Elf captain gets some more leaf armour to finish him off.




The host so far, 43 of them. I need a couple more to make two of my units for Oathmark. Well, saying that the Elves are pretty powerful so might be better off fielded in smaller groups. So that would be four units of twelve. These are meant to be members of the thousand Elven spearman that ambushed the goblins in the Battle of Five Armies. I have included a few swordman and archers for character, but the unit will be classed as spearman.





Old meets new for the first time and there is much merry making. Everyone is up to date in new leaf themed kit. It's a little thing that probably won't be noticed from two feet away, but I can proudly say that these are now definitely Silvan Elves.
An idea for a standard. I think this should be okay to make it from Green stuff 

 

5 comments:

Aly Morrison said...

They look great…
I think all your green stuff work has tied everything together really well…

All the best. Aly

Secundus said...

Thanks Aly, coming from the Elf Master I take that as a huge compliment!

Codsticker said...

More wonderful work. I really like the addition of those shields.

caveadsum1471 said...

Splendid conversion work/sculpting really!
Best Iain

Mr Ballista said...

You've really done a great job improving these - mind those mould lines though!