Monday, February 28, 2022

Mirkwood Company

I was just going to leave the company pedant plain green, but after a little thought I decided to create a motif. Something that could be painted easily and that would look Elven.

I'm glad I took the extra time to do it as I think it really finishes off the unit. Just a little bit of detail out of the corner of your eye.



The 2nd Lindir company.


I changed the number of coloured tails on the pedant so it represents the second company. I remembered I have been painting up a hero figure and he will lead the first company into battle. When finished these three companies will called the Lindir companies. So I guess that makes the hero character Lindir. 

The next three companies after that will have red tails to their pedants and will be called the Gildor companies. I have chosen Elven names I can remember easily.

The first company will also carry a larger standard to help mark it out on the battle field.


 

2 comments:

James said...

Once again your graphic simplicity is very striking

Secundus said...

Copying is fine, that's why I post all my workings to inspire people. However, I did find someone selling my orc shield designs as decals the other day. That might be going a little bit far really.The internet is pretty lawless really.