Tuesday, February 01, 2022

Turning Elves into Wood Elves

Continuing my green stuff journey, I thought I would create some more Silvan Elves. I went back to my conversions I had done a year ago. My plan is to add leaf cowls to a few of them to help with the wood theme. This also includes a few hero metal miniatures too, this should help blend them in 


I have to say the leaf cowls really do say Wood Elf and make them look very Mirkwood.


At first I was put off these Oathmark Light infantry, because of their moulded on cloaks. However, they do lend themselves to the cowl over the top, so all is forgiven.



I worked with a new tool which was slightly wider, this makes for a better leaf shape on the cloak,

Again, I tried out a new tool to create some hammered armour. I saw this on eBay and new it would be a good buy.
This Fomorian is getting pretty well armoured now.
More Rabble from Lake Town, this one shows off his fowl weather cloak and hood.

An old model gets some Wood Elf love in the form of some leaves. These would work being painted in browns  too. Autumn watch.



This nice figure from Reaper also joins the Woodland realm.

A tough old fighter gets a fancy hood and cowl. I thought it would be nice to include a few veterans into the Rabble. Maybe these experienced fighters are the choose leaders amongst the mob. I made this one after I saw the mailed head on the sprue, I thought he looked a classic member of Lake Town.
Leaf it out!
Having a go at tying in a few more classic metal miniatures, this one is an old Grenadier sculpt.
A group of Wood Elves get together to compare their new garments.

 

2 comments:

Aly Morrison said...

The leaf cowls work really well…
I am looking forward to seeing them painted…

All the best. Aly

James said...

NIfty neato!
I like the elf with the axe