Monday, February 21, 2022

Desert Town Update


Tonight I went back to the crafting table and started to finish off the Adobe town.
After seeing Richard Brown's lovely interiors in his MDF kits, I felt a little inspired. I added some simple pen marks to create a stone floor. Part of this reason was because this small house has an open door, so a little detail would really help.

I'm pleased with the way the mud bricks have turned out, a bit of dry brushing and they look quite realistic.

I gave the bottom of the building a dry brush of yellow ochre to act as desert weathering.




 

A bit of mud brick colour reference.

6 comments:

tradgardmastare said...

The scenery is full of character. What sort of pen did you use?

Ray Rousell said...

Looks brilliant!

Codsticker said...

Fantastic colours and texture.

Adelaide Gamer said...

Hard to believe this is 'only wargames furniture'!

Secundus said...

Thanks guys.
The pen was a permanent 0.5 nibbed pen.once dry I should be able to wash the stones different colours...well that's the theory.

Secundus said...

0.05 pen rather.