Friday, February 25, 2022

More Wood Elves

 

I wanted a dynamic horn blower to go with my advancing Elven command. So I bashed this guy together using the horn from the Gripping Beast Dark age box set. Oathmark Elf head and Fire Forge Sargents torso.
The helmet came from the Vitrix Norman sprue.

Conquest Norman's come with a few handy casualties in the box, these will be great for the shield wall. A dead immortal Elf carries quite an emotional weight to it, there's not many left.
I thought this Norman banner would be good in the ranks, might add a nice bit of green colour above the lines. They could be company pendants, so I could have one for every two bases (12 figures).


Someone did ask if I was going to do any trees on the shields, so I gave one a go. Not sure what this Oak would be made from, I suppose it could be thin bronze over wood.

4 comments:

James said...

Just gorgeous.
You are knocking these out of the park!

APKfun said...

so stunning! if there is any videos of doing them, that would be perpect.

Rob said...

I like the oak-shield - I must admit I was thinking of something tall and elegant because of my preconceived notions of elves and fitting on a kite shield. Something like the Afika Korps symbol perhaps with a crown around the tree (not a palm) trunk rather than a super-imposed swastika.

deauckee said...

xq820 louisvuitton-replica nq586