Thursday, February 18, 2021

Bicorne Trayned Bands figures


Bicorne produce arguably the best ECW miniatures on the market but they do come with a price. For some time now there has been ‘new’ codes on the website but with no photos to illustrate them. So to buy them you have to take a leap of faith.

Knowing that the quality of the figures is good I took the jump and to fill the frustration of others like myself, I thought I would photograph them ASAP and get them in the internet.

 You can see from the older sculpt in the centre, I think the newer codes have got slightly smaller heads and details. However this is not really notable in a mixed unit.
Here is BIC-ECW066 London trayned bands firing.

I intend to mix in some Warlordgames plastics with mine as the scale is a good match. Plus the WLG figures can be painted with buff coats on their sculpts.
I do have the packets of Oxford army upstairs I will have to do the same for those when I come to paint them.

BIC-ECW065 London trayned bands marching.
 

3 comments:

Ceri Thompson said...

Thanks for images of the new Bicorne figures, do you know who sculpted them as the seem different from the originals. Did you get any of the new Pikemen?

Neil said...

Thanks for photos of the new figures. I think you'll find the WLG plastic will fit in nicely.
Neil

http://toysoldiersanddiningroombattles.blogspot.com/

Secundus said...

I’m not sure who sculpted them, but I do think it is a different artist. They are definitely finer detailed but stand the same height so all should be well.