Sunday, February 07, 2021

A Forest of Fun


It’s time to bring out the old plastic brush bristles again and get cutting. Lengths are measured and cut to 80mm.

The ends are flattened with flat pliers, then cut with scissors to create the spear head shape. Then a pliers width of bristle is shaped by gently squeezing the the section just below the spear point from all sides. This will act as the shanks that go down the pike to stop it being hacked off. It’s just another little detail that make working with these bristles a winner. Not only that but a £3 brush will supply hundreds of pikes, enough to make Alexander the Great clap with joy.



 They look quite chunky here, but when I compare my old metal pikes to these broom bristles, the latter wins over looks for me every time.

3 comments:

tradgardmastare said...

Excellent plan. I am never quite sure what brush to get in terms of too hard or too soft. Where did you get your one?

Secundus said...

I went to a big Home Base near me.

Neil said...

Secundus,
I asked you on your latest blog how many figures you were putting on your pike blocks. Never mind - this post answered my question!
Neil

https://toysoldiersanddiningroombattles.blogspot.com/