Saturday, February 27, 2021

Pike block marches off to the Dip

I sprayed these guys brown again rather than black, it really helps with the pikes. These were then dry brushed with lighter shades and Citadel Contrast paint was used to shade the trousers and snap sacks.
These are Redoubt figures and have nice big buff coats. I’ve enjoyed painting these Trained Bands, there’s something very Elizabethan about them. To this end I gave some of them older styles of helmets to help with that look.


Fun in the sun, the sticky, smelly forest, drys in the warm breeze.

I’ve over done it with the numbers as I painted up two plastics as well, I’m thinking I’ll use all of them as the Trained Bands were big formations. The extra two pikemen could go on the command base at the back. It really will look a behemoth on the field with its expanded musketeer blocks and pike formation.

 

1 comment:

DeanM said...

Nicely done. I the painting/staining method you used.