Wednesday, February 03, 2021

Citadel Colour Paints




I had this figure from eBay who had been painted white and his face had been painted. I was about to take him outside to undercoat him black, when I thought this could be a chance to try out the new Colour paints.


Well, I have dabbled with them before, mostly to change colours I had already painted. Painting on a white undercoated model gave a very good shading and the results are really quite good.

Very quick and the results are instant. I haven’t got all the colours and the blue was ordinary acrylic paint washed with blue ink. Also the metal sword was acrylic paint too.
He’ll do. I decided to try a do his horse in the same way. 



 

3 comments:

Neil said...

Interesting. I have not tried the new Citadel paints yet as I have a big stock of Vallejo. When supplies run low I think I will try them.
Neil

https://toysoldiersanddiningroombattles.blogspot.com/

Lasgunpacker said...

Contrast paints are certainly an interesting product, and one I will likely try out for myself soon.

Your figures of course are turning out very well, since it is not the paint or the brush that does the job, but the artist.

Secundus said...

I was surprised at just how good they were, that’s why I did this post. The colours are good and strong and fast to do. Worth trying a pot or two.