Friday, February 19, 2021

Bicorne Miniatures Oxford Infantry Marching

This set is another nice one like their salvo firing brothers. The figures are chunky and match the other codes in the range.
The packs have increased to £12 since I bought these a few years ago.
Warlordgames plastic in comparison.
London Trayned Band in comparison.


Warlordgames plastic, Oxford, Trayned Band.

There are some nice head positions in this pack. 


Since this pack came out, 1st Corps have released their own range of ECW figures and have some lovely figures that could be used as Oxford troops. Although these Bicorne figures may just pip them slightly in terms of sculpting, the price point between the two may tip things in 1st Corps favour.

However, with the salvo firing pack with its two poses, the two pounds difference is probably worth paying.


 

3 comments:

Codsticker said...

If you are mixing your metal figures with the Warlord plastic minis I think you will find the Bicorne are a better fit; and you are right, the sculpting is a bit better as well, thought the 1st Corp figures are fun to paint.

Anonymous said...

Ouch, that one guy is missing a foot. I hate miscasts. I wonder if Bicorne will still replace it even though you bought them awhile ago. Lots of manufacturers are fairly decent that way, they usually do want to see a receipt though. Battlefront (Flames of War guys) once replaced a miscast anti tank gun barrel for me more than ten years after I had purchased it. One of the good things about email, it lets you save your receipts. I'm rambling, sorry. PS I love your work and am a big fan of your blog. You make it all look so effortless. Take care.

Neil said...

I have always been fascinated with the Oxford Army. Looking forward to some paint on those figures.